Friday, June 1, 2018

Review: The Secret Language of Sisters

The Secret Language of Sisters
By Luanne Rice


Image result for how many pages are in the secret language of sistersGenre: Realistic Fiction
Pages: 352
Rating: 4 out of 5

Summary (from the back cover): When Ruth Ann (Roo) McCabe responds to a text message while she's driving, the car flips. She winds up in a hospital bed, paralyzed. Roo has locked-in syndrome--she can see and hear everything around her, but no one knows it. She's trapped inside her own body, screaming to be heard.

Mathilda (Tilly) is Roo's sister and best friend. She'd texted Roo and inadvertently caused the accident. Now, Tilly must grapple with her guilt and her growing feelings for Roo's boyfriend, Newton--the only person who seems to get what Tilly is going through.

But Tilly might be the only one who can solve the mystery of her sister's condition... if there's time.

Review: I saw this book and decided to read it because it talks about sisterhood and I have two younger sisters of my own. I am so glad that I did! This book really shows what it is like to be a sister. Luanne Rice shows all of the joys, pains, sadness, and struggles of sisterhood through her two main characters in a way that I have never read before. The book is very relatable and enjoyable which makes it fun to read. I had a good time reading this book and really thought about what it meant to be a sister. Would I go to the same lengths that Tilly does for her sister? The sister that is her best friend and family?

I would recommend this book to read.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds timely and good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I am also a book blogger and a friend of Helen's from Helen's Book Blog and she clued us in to your new blog! Welcome to book blogging. It's a nice group of people and we get to talk about books. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world, Maxie! I also learned about your blog from Helen :)

    You're off to a great start! I loved The Secret Language of Sisters, too - it was awesome on audio.

    Sue

    2018 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete